OK, it's been a little busy. BlogCFC has had a few updates (which still need to be applied here). One of the nicest updates I've seen is the liquid layouts. I replaced the Alagad image component with Efflare's imagecr3 tag. After extensive testing, I (and my colleagues) have found that the java imageio based tags were just not stable enough, nor was the conversion quality up to par. After looking through our (3,000+ templates) codebase, I wrote a new image.cfc wrapper for the imagecr3 tag, writing functions with names that matched those we were using within the Alagad component. Although the update to our three production servers definitely outlined our need for version control, overall the replacement of the image.cfc worked like a charm.

Stay tuned. I'm hoping, this week, to post another installment to my tutorial on "the View", where I'll begin to get in to making the templates dynamic. We might also talk about the use of <cfinclude> inside of CFCs and UDFs (some things to be aware of).