I only have a few minutes, as I am totally buried right now, but I wanted to reach out to everybody to spread the word about Ext JS 4 Beta 1 being released yesterday. Some of you may have been following the Developer Previews on the Sencha Blog, and if you have you already know some of the amazing work coming out of Sencha for this release. If you haven't, well let me give you a really quick recap of some of what you could expect:
- New Class System - slim, trim, efficient, extensible
- New Data Model System - powerful, associations, nesting, HTML5 support
- Drawing and Charting - native, beautiful, charting can tie to data model too
- Theming - easier than ever, now with SASS
- Grids - Best of breed gets even better
There's also an entirely new rendering engine under the hood, new components, and more. You can even run Ext JS 3 & 4 on the same page, if needed. Go to the Sencha site to see some great examples of what you can do. It is still a beta, so the forums are pretty busy with people learning the ropes and filing bugs as they're found, but the foundation has been laid for a truly ground-breaking update to this library.